5 Things To Do in Washington DC While You’re Here for Project Glow
By: Melanie Monroe
1. Visit the Monuments The National Mall, Washington Monuments, and Lincoln Memorial are all just a few steps away from each other. While walking around these famous landmarks, you can also check out many others, such as the World War II Memorial. This is the perfect place to grab a quick picture and take a breather outside of Project Glow.
2. Museums Everywhere! Too many to even count! Washington DC is home to some of the most notable museums in the world. Some of our favorites are the Holocaust Museum, the Newseum, The Smithsonian, and the International Spy Museum. There are so many opportunities to learn something new!
3. Check Out The White House What’s a visit to our nation’s capital without snapping a selfie in front of the White House? We can’t guarantee that you’ll spot the president, but we can guarantee you will see ample Secret Service members!
4. Explore Old Town Alexandria Walk up and down cobblestone streets and explore one of the DC area’s oldest neighborhoods. Old Town is a refreshing break from the chaos of the city and has many amazing eateries and places to explore.
5. Walk Around Georgetown Georgetown is the adorable, historic college town of Georgetown University. Located along the Potomac River, Georgetown sports high-end shops, delicious food, and adorable brick buildings. Check out the waterfront area for a view of the Kennedy Center!